Did you just get an Esicoo smart plug and you do not know how to activate it? Read to find out all you need to know about setting up an Esicoo smart plug.
Setting up an Esicoo smart plug involves three easy steps:
- Switching on the plug.
- Activating it on compatible mobile applications.
- Connecting the plug to an active Wi-Fi.
Switching on the plug
Switching on your Esicoo smart plug is as easy as switching on any smart plug. All you have to do is connect the plug into an active power socket and press the switch button. Mind you, you have to hold the button for about five seconds to get the plug ready for use.
Activating the Plug on Compatible Mobile Applications.
For your Esicoo smart plug to work effectively, you will have to connect it with a compatible mobile application. In this instance, you need to connect the plug to the Smartlife application to enable it to work smartly. The instructions below will guide you on how you can connect your Esicoo smart plug with the Smartlife app.
- You need to download the Smartlife application on either Playstore or Apple store.
- Open the app and create a new account using your email address.
- Click on the ‘add a device’ button and select your device type.
- Find and tap ‘electrical outlet’.
- After this, power on the Smart plug. At this point, ensure that the plug is blinking a blue light rapidly. If otherwise, switch off the socket and restart the smart plug.
If you follow the instructions above accordingly, you will be prompted to connect your smart plug to your Wi-Fi network. In case you miss a step, you can refer to the guide again.
Connecting the Smart Plug to Wi-Fi
Image via Flickr by Howard Lake
After you have ensured that your smart plug is blinking rapidly, you need to connect it to your Wi-Fi. To do this, follow the next simple steps below.
- Input your Wi-Fi password and wait for the device to connect.
- Once the device is connected, you will be prompted to modify your device to your preferred name. Mind you, you can choose to skip this step.
- Click on ‘done’ when you have given your smart plug a name.
With the steps above, you should be able to control your Esicoo smart plug using your smartphone. All you need to know next is how you can control the smart plug using your voice.
How To Use Your Voice To Control Your Smart Plug
The beautiful thing about Esicoo smart plug is that it also works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Wondering what Alexa and Google assistant mean? They are two smart applications designed to assist you in using your smartphone, especially as it concerns voice control.
How To Connect Your Esicoo Smart Plug With Google Home
- Download and install the Google Home App.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen to access the options menus.
- Afterwards, click on ‘Home Control’. This allows you to search and add a Smart home device to connect.
- Use the search icon shown at the top to search and find the Smartlife Application.
- Then tap the Smartlife App and provide your login details.
- Thereafter, tap the ‘link now’ button to activate Google Home.
With the instructions above, you should be able to use your voice to control your plug. To give a voice command, always start with the expression “Ok Google, …”.
How To Connect the Plug With Alexa
Like Google Home, Alexa also allows you to use voice control for your Esicoo smart plug. Mind you, it is advisable to first connect your smart plug with the Smartlife application before connecting it with Alexa. Below are instructions on how you can connect your plug with Alexa.
- Download and install Alexa on Playstore or Apple store.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen to bring the available options.
- From the options shown, find and tap Smart Home.
- On the next screen, find and tap the button that reads “Your Smart Home Skills”.
- Find and tap “Enable Smart Home Skills” on the next screen.
- You will find a search bar on the next screen. Type Smartlife app in the bar to find the Smartlife app.
- Tap Smartlife and click enable to connect the app with Alexa.
- Provide your login details to give authorized access and click on the link to connect the applications.
- Find a button that reads “Discover Devices” on the next screen and click it.
By following these steps, you will successfully connect your Smart Plug with Alexa. To use Alexa voice commands, start with the word ‘Alexa…’.
You are now on course to enjoying your Esicoo smart plug. However, you may need to go through the following additional notes.
Check our article on Gosund Smart Plug Setup Instructions here
How Do I Reset My Esicoo Smart Plug?
To reset the plug, press and hold the power button for about 5-10 seconds. You will observe that the LED light of the plug will start blinking. This indicates that the plug is on and ready to connect with Wi-Fi.
Why Is My Esicoo Smart Plug Not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
If your plug refuses to connect with your Wi-Fi, it may be due to one of the reasons below.
- Your Wi-Fi network is not a 2.4GHz network. Note that Esicoo smart plugs only work with a 2.4GHz network.
- Your smart plug is not in pairing mode.
- The distance between the smart plug and the Wi-Fi router is too much.
In conclusion, Esicoo smart plug has all the features you desire in a smart plug. Self-timer, Power schedule, and remote access are technically designed to give you more convenient access to your electrical appliances. However, without the right setup instructions, you may find it complex to set up such a smart home device.