The Genesis G90 is a luxurious sedan known for its superb craftsmanship and performance. Unfortunately, some drivers may have encountered an issue with their G90 where the door makes a squeaking noise when opening or closing.
While this can be a nuisance, the good news is that there are some potential causes and solutions for this issue.
Basically, the cause of the squeaking noise could be due to a lack of lubrication or a malfunctioning part. In that case, you have to lubricate the door hinges, replace any worn-out parts, and ensure the door is properly aligned.
In this guide, we’ll discuss the potential causes and solutions for the Genesis G90 door makes a squeaking noise when opening or closing.
Is it Normal for the Genesis G90 Door to Squeak?
The squeaking noise is caused by the door seals, designed to keep dust and moisture from entering the cabin. The seals rub against each other as the door opens and closes, creating a squeaking sound. This is a common issue with many cars and not just the G90. Unfortunately, squeaking can be quite annoying, especially when driving in a quiet environment.
Common Causes of Squeaky Genesis G90 Doors
Squeaky doors on the Genesis G90 can be a nuisance and affect the overall driving experience. Here are some of the common causes of squeaky doors on the G90:
- Loose or Worn Door Hinges: The door hinges on the G90 are designed to move in and out as the door opens and closes. These hinges can become loose or worn over time, causing them to squeak when the door is opened or closed.
- Poor Lubrication: Poor lubrication is another common cause of squeaky doors on the G90. The door’s components can become dry or corroded due to a lack of lubrication.
- Rust: Rust can also impart to squeaky doors on the G90. This can cause the hinges and other components to stick or become worn, resulting in squeaking.
- Worn weatherstripping: The weatherstripping around the door can become worn over time and allow air to escape, creating a whistling or squeaking sound.
Common Misconceptions About the Genesis G90 Door Squeak
While the company is addressing the issue, some common misconceptions about the door squeak need to be addressed.
1. Misconception: The Genesis G90 door squeak indicates a serious mechanical issue.
Fact: The Genesis G90 door squeak is a common issue that can occur with normal wear and tear over time. It is not necessarily an indication of a serious mechanical issue.
2. Misconception: The Genesis G90 door squeak is unavoidable.
Fact: While the Genesis G90 door squeak is a common issue, there are steps you can take to reduce the likelihood of it occurring. Regularly inspect and lubricate the door assembly components and take steps to prevent rust and corrosion.
3. Misconception: The Genesis G90 door squeak can only be fixed with expensive aftermarket parts.
Fact: The Genesis G90 door squeak can be fixed with OEM replacement parts or aftermarket parts. However, you should research the quality of the parts before purchasing, as lower-quality parts can result in further issues.
How to Fix Genesis G90 Door Makes a Squeaking Noise When Opening or Closing?
A squeaking noise coming from a vehicle door can be quite annoying and may even indicate a more serious underlying issue. Fortunately, some simple steps can be taken to fix the problem. In this discussion, we will discuss how to fix a Genesis G90 door that makes a squeaking noise when opening or closing.
The most common cause of a squeaking door is a lack of lubrication. Over time, the hinges and other moving parts of the door can become dry and corroded, which can cause them to stick and make a squeaking noise. To fix this issue, you can use a lubricant to lubricate the hinges and other moving parts. You can find lubricants specifically designed for car doors at most auto parts stores.
2. Check for Rust
If the lubrication does not fix the problem, you should check for rust on the door’s hinges. Rust can cause parts to stick together, leading to a squeaking sound when the door is opened or closed. If you find any rust, you can use a rust remover to remove it.
3. Check the Weather Stripping
Weatherstripping around the door can also cause a squeaking noise if worn or not properly installed. To fix this issue, you have to inspect the weather stripping and ensure it is in good condition. If the weather stripping is worn or not properly installed, you have to replace it with new weather stripping.
How to Properly Maintain the Genesis G90 Door to Reduce Squeaking?
Unfortunately, when the door of the G90 is not properly maintained, it can squeak and cause an annoying noise. Therefore, proper maintenance is essential to reduce the squeaking of the Genesis G90 door.
- Clean the Door Regularly: Dirt and dust can accumulate on the door and cause squeaking. Therefore, you should clean the door regularly. In that case, you can use a damp cloth and mild detergent to remove the dirt and dust.
- Lubricate the Door: After cleaning the door, you have to lubricate it. Use a silicone-based lubricant and apply it to the door hinges. This will reduce friction and reduce squeaking.
- Inspect the Door: Regularly inspect the door to ensure no loose bolts or screws. If there are, tighten them as soon as possible.
- Check the Door Seals: Ensure the doors are intact and not cracked or ripped. If the seals are damaged, replace them as soon as possible to reduce the squeaking.
Genesis G90 door making a squeaking noise when opening or closing can be a result of a problem with its hinges. To fix this problem, the hinges should be lubricated, the door should be realigned, the door should be checked for any loose screws, and the weatherstripping should be inspected. With these solutions, the squeaking noise should be eliminated, and the Genesis G90 door should be functioning optimally again.