Do you need help in setting up your Gosund Smart Plug? Read this article to find out how you can set it up in four different ways.
To set up a Gosund Smart Plug, all you need is a compatible application and a strong Wi-Fi network. Mind you, Gosund Smart Plug enables you to control the switch of your electrical appliances remotely. However, you cannot do this without connecting it to a Wi-Fi network.
How To Connect Gosund Smart Plug to a WiFi
Image via Pinterest by Cosecinesi.it
Gosund Smart Plugs work with a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. As such, you need to ensure that you have a compatible Wi-Fi network to connect your Smart Plug with.
To connect your Gosund Smart Plug to a Wi-Fi network, follow the steps below.
- Insert the Smart plug into an active power socket and scan the QR code on the box.
- Open the Gosund App and sign up as a new user using your valid email address. You will receive a verification code in your email.
- Minimize your screen to check the verification code in your mail.
- Copy the code and go back to the App to provide it.
- Provide a password for your account on the next screen. This logs you into your new Gosund account.
- In the app, find and tap the ‘Add Device’ button. This allows you to add your new Gosund Smart Plug.
- Tap the button that reads ‘Add Manually’ on the next screen and select Socket (Wi-Fi).
- Select your Wi-Fi network and provide your password. Then click on the Next button.
- Observe the Smart Plug to ensure the indicator blinks rapidly. If otherwise, press and hold the indicator button for about five seconds.
- Once the indicator blinks rapidly, tap the button that reads “Confirm indicator Rapidly Blinks” and click on next.
- Allow the application to add the device as you will observe on the next screen.
As long as you have connected your Smart Plug to your Gosund Application, you can easily turn the plug on or off through the app. To turn your smart plug on or off, you have to select the plug on the home screen of your Gosund app. Thereafter, tap the switch icon that reads ‘Socket off/on’.
Moreover, you can equally connect your Plug to other applications such as Smartlife, Google Home and Alexa. Find instructions below on how to achieve this.
Setting It up With the Smartlife App
You can connect your Smart Plug to Smartlife by using the Easy mode, which is recommended, or the AP Mode. Using the Easy Mode, all you have to do is follow the simple steps highlighted below.
- Download the Smartlife App.
- Open the app and tap the button that reads ‘Devices’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the ‘add device’ button.
- On the next screen, select ‘Electrical Outlet’.
- Power on your smart plug and ensure that the indicator light blinks rapidly.
- Click on the button that reads ‘confirm indicator light rapidly blink’.
- Provide your Wi-fi details on the next screen and confirm.
- Allow the device to connect.
By following these steps accordingly, you will successfully connect your plug to the Smartlife app. However, if you are required to connect using AP Mode, just select AP Mode at the point where you confirm that the indicator light blinks. Follow the remaining steps thereafter.
| Read our next article on Teckin Smart Plug here
How To Set Up Gosund Smart Plug With Alexa
Setting up your Smart Plug on Alexa is as easy as setting it up on the Gosund app. However, you must have first activated your Plug on Gosund before connecting it with Alexa.
A very interesting feature of Alexa is that it allows you to control your plug using Voice Commands. As a result, many smart plug users prefer to connect their plug to Alexa.
Follow the steps below to connect your Smart Plug with Alexa.
Steps To Follow
- Download and install Alexa on Playstore or your preferred app store.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the options shown, find and tap Skills and Games.
- You will find a search bar on the next screen. Type Gosund in the bar to find the Gosund app.
- Tap Gosund and click enable to connect the app with Alexa.
- Provide your login details to give authorized access and click on the link to connect the applications.
- Select the name of your plug on the next screen.
- Find a button that reads “Discover Devices” on the next screen and click it.
Another app that smart plug users often connect their plug with is Google Home. This is because of the extra feature that Google gives to the plug. Read further to discover how to set up your plug with Google Home.
How To Set Up the Smart Plug With Google Home
You can set up your Smart Plug with Google Home just by following simple steps similar to that of Alexa. Like Alexa, Google Home equally allows you to give voice commands to your Smart Plug using Google Assistant.
Steps to Follow:
- Download and install the Google Home App.
- Tap the + button at the top left corner to add your new Gosund device.
- Find and tap the button that reads “Set up Device”.
- Tap the link under the caption that reads “works with Google”.
- Use the search icon shown at the top to search and find the Gosund Application.
- Tap the Gosund App and provide your login details.
- Select the Gosund device to add.
- Tap the link now button to activate Google Home.
In conclusion, Smart plugs have become one of the prominent devices in smart homes. This is because of their ability to give users remote access to their electrical appliances. Nonetheless, without the right setup instructions, you cannot enjoy your smart plug.