After learning about the incredible features of the OnePlus 7 Pro, you want to check how long the battery lasts before you buy the phone.
If this is you, you are in the right place.
Keep reading this article to learn about the longevity of the OnePlus 7 Pro batteries.
Here is the short answer to how long OnePlus 7 Pro batteries last:
The average OnePlus 7 Pro battery lasts between 9 hours and 30 minutes. That said, the longevity of the battery often depends on the phone features a person uses. While web surfing may consume the battery in 9 hours, the OnePlus 7 Pro may last for 15 hours if the user only makes phone calls.
The lifespan of an average OnePlus 7 Pro battery is 2-3 years.
Why Is My OnePlus 7 Pro Battery Draining Fast?
If you observe that your battery is draining faster than usual, it might be because of the following reasons:
1. Apps Running in the Background
Several apps on the OnePlus 7 Pro consume a lot of battery power.
If you leave the apps on your phone running in the background, they will keep eating up your battery power.
To solve this problem, always close your apps immediately after you finish using them.
Also, you can try updating the apps on your phone.
Software companies often update their applications to reduce their level of power consumption.
2. Screen Brightness
Your battery will drain faster if the brightness of your screen is very high.
3. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS
Just like most apps on your OnePlus 7 Pro, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS use up a large amount of battery power. It’s best to turn off these features when you are not using them.
OnePlus 7 Pro Phones with the Best Battery Life
There is only one model of the OnePlus 7 Pro. It offers a battery size of 4000mAh.
When Should I Replace My OnePlus 7 Pro Battery?
Most OnePlus 7 Pro batteries wear out after two years of usage.
If you’ve used your battery for over two years, you may need to get a replacement.
How Do I Know Which App Is Draining My OnePlus 7 Pro Battery?
If your battery still drains fast after you’ve tried all the battery saving tips, you might have a power-hungry app on your phone.
Follow these steps to discover the apps draining your phone:
- Click the Settings icon on your phone.
- Next, select Battery.
- You will get a list of apps and their level of battery usage.
- Look for the apps that consume power even when you are not using them.
- Depending on how useful the app is to you, you can decide to uninstall it or tap the Force Stop button to keep it from running.
You may also be interested in our article about how long electric scooter batteries last.
How Can I Tell if My OnePlus 7 Pro Needs a New Battery?
You should get a new battery immediately it develops a fault. Some common faults are:
- Your battery shuts down on its own, even when it still has a high battery life.
- Your phone doesn’t power up when you press the power button.
- The phone shows a false battery percentage: Your phone may indicate that your battery is charged up to 50% even when it was completely dead a minute ago.
You can purchase a replacement for your OnePlus 7 Pro battery in online stores like AliExpress or BestBuy.
How Can I Improve My OnePlus 7 Pro Battery Life?
There are several things you can do to extend your OnePlus 7 Pro battery life. Some of them are:
- Reduce the Brightness of your Screen: Your battery drains faster when you increase your screen’s brightness. On the other hand, taking the ‘Brightness’ down a few notches can preserve your battery life.
- Deactivate Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and Location: Since the Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and Location are power-hungry features, turning them off will help you save your battery.
- Turn on Battery Saver: The battery saver automatically turns off or reduces the quality of features that consume a lot of power.
- Close all Background Apps: You can’t always close your apps by exiting them. Phone applications often reduce battery life. So, you have to confirm that your apps are closed to prolong your battery life. To close all apps running in the background. Click the ‘Recent apps’ icon and select ‘Clear all’.
- Change your internet connection from 4G to 2G: Your internet connection can determine how long your battery lasts. If you are not using the internet, you can switch to 2G to save power.
Follow these steps to change your internet connection:
- Tap the ‘Settings’ icon on your Home Screen
- Next, select ‘Wi-Fi & Internet’
- Now, click ‘SIM & Network’
- Tap ‘Preferred network type’. You will see a list of network options.
- Select ‘2G’
Also read our article about how long Samsung phone batteries last.
Why Does My OnePlus 7 Pro Battery Drain When Not in Use?
The reason your OnePlus 7 Pro drains while you weren’t using it might be because some apps were running in the background.
Click ‘Recent Apps’ to close all background apps.
Wi-Fi, GPS, and Location are other features that may have drained your battery even while the phone was not in use.
Turn them off in the future to preserve your battery life.
How to Check the Health of Your OnePlus 7 Pro Battery
The manufacturers of OnePlus phones have created an app called OnePlus Diagnostic that gives you a full report on your battery health.
Head on to APK Mirror to download the OnePlus Diagnostic app.
Also read our article about how long iPhone batteries last.
OnePlus 7 Pro Battery Charging Tips
Here are ways to charge your OnePlus 7 Pro battery more effectively:
- Avoid overcharging your battery.
- Once you’ve charged your battery up to 99%, unplug your phone from the charger. You risk overcharging your phone if you let it charge fully.
- Charge your phone once the battery is below 20%. Waiting till your battery is flat before charging may shorten the lifespan of your OnePlus 7 Pro battery in the long run.
- Always use an original OnePlus charger. Using a different charger will damage your battery over time. If you need to replace your charger, you can find original ones in online stores.
The OnePlus 7 Pro phone offers mind-blowing features at an affordable price. This is why most users like you want to enjoy the battery and the phone for the longest time possible.
We hope this article has provided answers to the questions you have about the phone’s battery.
We will include new information in this article if any updates become available.