Do you have an Enbrighten Smart Plug and you do not know how to set it up? Read to discover how you can set it up on three different applications.
Setting up an Enbrighten smart plug is as easy as setting up every other smart plug. All you need to do is follow the two simple steps highlighted below.
- Connect the plug with the Enbrighten app.
- Set it up with an active Wi-Fi connection.
How To Connect the Plug With the Enbrighten App
- Download the Enbrighten app.
- Create a new account using your valid email address.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device to enable your smartphone search and find your Enbrighten smart plug.
- Click on the + icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select your smart plug on the next screen and tap ‘Next’.
- You will be prompted to connect with your Wi-Fi network. Find and provide the login details for your Wi-Fi network.
- Allow the device to connect. Once it is connected, you can provide a name to enable you to identify the plug easily.
With this instruction, you should be able to connect your smart plug with the Enbrighten app. However, you can, as well, connect the plug using manual mode. Check the next guide below to discover how to go about it.
- At the point where you tap the + icon (step 4, above), press scan on the next screen.
- Afterward, tap ‘manual setup’ and choose your Enbrighten smart plug amongst the options provided. You will find ‘Manual Setup’ towards the top of your screen.
- Switch on the smart plug. You should ensure the LED indicator blinks rapidly.
- Select your Wi-Fi network on the next screen and provide your password.
- On the next screen, tap ‘Connect’. This will direct you to the Wi-Fi setting of your smartphone.
- Find and tap the Enbrighten Wi-Fi
- Go back to the app and allow the device to connect.
With the Enbrighten app, you can control your plug via your smartphone from anywhere. Mind you, you can also use your voice to control your Enbrighten smart plug. All you have to do is connect the plug with either Google Home or Alexa.
How To Connect the Plug With Google Home
- Download and install the Google Home App. Open the app when you are done downloading it.
- Find the button that reads “Accounts” at the bottom of your screen and tap it.
- On the next screen, find and tap ‘Set up or Add” and click on ‘Set up device’.
- On the next screen, tap the icon that reads ‘Works with Google’.
- Use the search icon to find the Enbrighten App.
- Tap the Enbrighten App and provide your login details. This is to ensure that you give Google Home authorized access to connect with the App.
- Select your Enbrighten device and tap next.
- Modify your device by following the instruction on the screen.
With Google Home, you can give voice commands to your smart plug with the aid of Google Assistant. All you have to do is begin your commands with the words ‘OK Google…’.
How To Connect Your Enbrighten Smart Plug With Alexa
Like Google Home, you need to first connect the plug with the Enbrighten app before connecting it with Alexa. Find the setup steps below.
- Download and install Alexa on Playstore or App store.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the options shown, find and tap ‘Skills and Games’.
- You will find a search bar at the top corner of the next screen. Tap it and type Enbrighten in the search bar to find the Enbrighten app.
- Tap Enbrighten and click ‘Enable to Use’ to connect the app with Alexa.
- Provide your login details to give authorized access and click on the link to connect the applications.
- Tap ‘done’ and tap the button that reads “Discover Devices” on the next screen.
- Give the device some seconds to connect
With the above instructions, you should be able to control the plug using the Alexa voice command. As long as you are connected to an active network, you will enjoy the Alexa voice command feature.
Mind you, you can encounter several issues related to smart plugs setup. However, you have nothing to worry about as we have provided some troubleshooting tips for you below.
Troubleshooting Your Enbrighten Smart Plug
Image via Enbrighten
As good as your smart plug can be, you may encounter some issues related to Wi-Fi connections and voice commands. This is why we have provided the troubleshooting tips below for you.
| Read our next article on Eufy Smart Plug Setup Instructions here.
What to do when your Enbrighten Smart plug refuses to connect to your Wi-Fi network
- Ensure you are connecting your smart plug to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Note that Enbrighten smart plugs only work with a 2.4 GHz network.
- You can also move your Wi-Fi router closer to your smart plug.
- If the above tips didn’t work, switch on the Bluetooth device of your smartphone and reconnect the plug.
- If the device still fails to connect, restart your smart plug and connect again. To do this, press and hold the switch button of your plug until the LED starts blinking rapidly.
In conclusion, setting up an Enbrighten smart plug is so easy, as long as you have the right setup instructions. It is very important, however, that you connect the plug to a 2.4GHz network and have a strong network connection.