Wondering how to set up your Energizer smart plug? Read to discover easy steps to follow to set up the plug.
Setting up your Energizer smart plug involves three simple steps:
- Connecting the plug to an active power socket;
- Setting it up on the Energizer Connect app; and
- Connecting it with a compatible Wi-Fi network.
How To Switch On Your Energizer Smart Plug
Image via Energizer Connect
To switch on an Energizer smart plug, you have to plug it into an active power socket. You should observe a power button on the side of the plug, right? Press and hold the power button for about 5-10 seconds to switch on the plug.
After you have switched on the plug, the next step is to activate it on the Energizer Connect application. Follow the next instructions below to do this.
Setting Up the Plug on the Energizer App
- Download the Energizer Connect app and set up a new profile for yourself. You can download the app on Playstore or App store.
- Click on the plus (+) icon on the home screen and press add device.
- On the next screen, select ‘power’.
- At this point, do ensure that the LED indicator on your smart plug is blinking rapidly. If otherwise, press and hold the power button for about five seconds to ensure that the LED flashes rapidly.
- Thereafter, click on the button that reads ‘Confirm LED blinks rapidly’.
- Then, connect to your Wi-Fi network on the next screen by providing your password.
- Lastly, allow the device to connect. In a few seconds, the smart plug will be activated on the Energizer connect app.
If the device fails to connect, consider reconnecting it using AP Mode. To do this, simply follow the instructions below.
Using AP Mode
- At the point where you need to add your new Energizer Smart plug, click on AP Mode. You will find it towards the top right corner of your screen.
- Reset your smart plug. All you have to do is switch it off and switch it on again until the LED starts blinking.
- Click on the button that reads ‘Confirm LED blinks rapidly’.
- Connect to your Wi-Fi network on the next screen.
- Provide your Wi-Fi password and click on ‘Confirm’
- On the next screen, click on ‘Go to Connect’ to connect with the hotspot of your Energizer smart plug.
- Find and tap the Energizer Wi-Fi icon.
- Go back to the Energizer app to finalize your connection. At this point, the app will move to the next stage which connects the smart plug with the app.
With the Energizer Connect app, you can access your smart plug remotely. That is, you can switch on/off the plug and you can also set up a timer for it.
Moreover, you can also use your voice to control your Energizer plug. To do this, simply connect the plug with mobile applications such as Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
How To Connect Energizer Smart Plug With Alexa
- Download the Alexa application
- Click on the options bar. You will find this at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the options shown, find and tap ‘Skills and Games’.
- You will find a search bar at the top corner of the next screen. Tap it and type Energizer Connect in the bar to find the Energizer Connect app.
- Tap Energizer and click enable to connect the app with Alexa.
- Provide your login details to give authorized access and click on the link to connect the applications.
- Tap ‘done’ and, on the next screen, click on ‘Discover Device’.
By following these steps accordingly, you should be able to control the switch of your smart plug with your voice. However, to use the Alexa command for your smart plug, it is best to start the command with the word ‘Alexa…’.
How To Connect the Plug With Google Home
- Download and install the Google Home App.
- Tap the + button at the top left corner to add your new Energizer device.
- Find and tap the button that reads “Set up Device”.
- Tap the link under the caption that reads “works with Google”.
- Use the search icon shown at the top to search and find the Energizer Application.
- Tap the Energizer App and provide your login details.
- Select the Energizer device to add.
- Tap the link now button to activate Google Home.
With these instructions, you should be able to use the Google Voice Assistant to control your smart plug. To give a voice command, simply start the command with the expression “Ok Google, …”.
Now that you have a reliable guide for your smart plug, what is next? You also need to know some basic troubleshooting tips that will give you confident control over your smart plug.
Troubleshooting Your Energizer Smart Plug
- My smart plug is not connecting to the internet.
Try the following:
- First, ensure your Wi-Fi network is 2.4GHz.
- You can also check if your Wi-Fi signal is strong. You can reset your home network or move it a little closer to your smart plug.
- Also, check to see if your Wi-Fi network has not reached its maximum limit of connected devices.
- You can also reset your smart plug and reconnect it again. To do this, press and hold the switch button for about 5 seconds until the LED indicator starts blinking rapidly. Then reconnect it via your smartphone.
- Why is my smart plug status showing offline?
- It might have lost connection with the router. Restart the plug and connect again.
| You may want to check our article on Enbrighten Smart Plug here.
In conclusion, Energizer smart plug gives you remote access to your electrical appliances. As long as you know how to connect the plug to compatible mobile applications, you will enjoy the smart plug experience.