Are you confused about the steps to take to set up your Feit Electric smart plug? Read to discover how you can easily set up the plug on three different applications.
Setting up a Feit smart plug involves just two simple steps:
- Switching on the plug; and
- Activating it on the Feit Electric app.
Switching On the Plug
Image via Feit
First, you need to insert your smart plug into an active power socket. Then switch it on by pressing the switch button for about 5 seconds. After the plug is on, the next step is to connect it with the Feit Electric app.
How To Connect Feit Electric Smart Plug With the Feit App
- First off, download the Feit Electric app.
- Open the App and sign up using your email address or your phone number.
- Then tap the + icon at the top right corner of your screen to add your new Feit plug.
- On the next screen, tap plugs and then choose your plug amongst the options shown.
- Go back to your plug to confirm that the LED indicator is blinking rapidly. If otherwise, switch on your plug again.
- You will be prompted to connect to Wi-Fi. Select your home Wi-Fi and provide its password.
- Lastly, tap the ‘next’ button and wait for the connection to complete.
Mind you, Feit smart plug is compatible with Alexa and the Google Home app. By connecting your smart plug with Alexa, you can use your voice to control the plug. You can, therefore, connect your plug with Alexa and Google Home by following the next setup instructions.
How To Connect Feit Electric Smart Plug With Alexa
Before you read, note that you need to first connect your Feit smart plug with the Feit Electric app. Once this is ensured, follow the steps below to control your plug with Alexa.
- Download and install Alexa on Playstore or App store.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the options shown, find and tap ‘Skills and Games’.
- You will find a search bar at the top corner of the next screen. Tap it and type Feit Electric in the bar to find the Feit Electric app.
- Tap Feit Electric and click ‘Enable to Use’ to connect the app with Alexa.
- Provide your login details to give authorized access and click on the link to connect the applications.
- Tap ‘done’ and tap the button that reads “Discover Devices” on the next screen.
- Give the device some seconds to connect
Once you have connected your plug with Alexa, you can start using your voice to control it. All you have to do is start your voice command with the word ‘Alexa…’.
How about Google Home? Find the steps to take to connect your Feit smart plug with Google home below.
How To Connect the Plug With Google Home
- Firstly, download and install the Google Assistant App. You can ignore this step if you already have the app installed on your phone.
- Open the app and tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap assistant on the next screen. You will find it in the middle of the options given.
- Then tap the option that reads Home Control. This allows you to search and add a Smart home device to connect.
- On the next screen, tap the + icon located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Search and find Feit Electric. Tap it once you locate it.
- Thereafter, provide the login details of your Feit Electric app. This is to ensure that you give Google Home authorized access to connect with your Smartlife App.
- Lastly, tap the link now button to activate Google Home.
Once you have connected your smart plug, you may want to modify it by your room to enable you to identify the right plug. Otherwise, press ‘done’.
If you follow these steps accordingly, you should be able to give commands to your Smart Plug using Google Assistant.
Troubleshooting Your Feit Electric Smart Plug
Just as it is for other smart plugs, you may encounter some technical issues with your Feit smart plug. This is why the troubleshooting tips below are provided. Check them out by reading further.
My Feit Smart Plug Is Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
- Note that Feit smart plugs work with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. Therefore, you need to ensure you are connecting your plug to the right network.
- Try restarting your Wi-Fi router if this step does not work.
- If otherwise, reset your smart plug. To do this, simply long-press the switch button until the LED indicator starts blinking rapidly. Then, connect again.
- If the issue persists, check to see if your internet is active and running.
The Wi-Fi Connection of my Smart Plug Is Not Stable
Many reasons could lead to this issue. Try the following troubleshooting options:
- Move your Wi-Fi router a little closer to your smart plug.
- Check the signal strength of your network. If your network signal is weak, you may consider changing the Wi-Fi of your smart plug.
| Find our article on Energizer Smart Plug here.
How Do I Change the Wi-Fi Network of My Feit Smart Plug?
You will have to reset your smart plug and reconnect it to a new Wi-Fi. To reset the plug, simply long-press the power button until the LED indicator starts blinking. At this point, you can connect your Feit smart plug to a new Wi-Fi.
In conclusion, Feit Electric indoor smart plug is one of the prominent smart plugs used in smart homes. With the smart plug, you can control your home devices with the aid of your smartphones. However, you can only do this if you connect the plug with a compatible application.