Wondering how to set up your Eufy smart plug? Read to discover three easy ways to set it up. You will also discover how to control your smart plug with your voice.
Setting up a Eufy smart plug is so easy as long as you have the right setup instructions. All you have to do is follow three simple steps highlighted below.
- Switching on the plug;
- Connecting the plug to an active Wi-Fi; and
- Activating the plug on the Eufy Home app.
Switching On the Plug
Image via Eufylife
To switch on your Eufy smart plug, simply plug it into a power socket and ensure it stays on. Afterward, press and hold the switch button until the light starts blinking rapidly.
How To Activate Your Eufy Smart Plug on the Eufy Home App
Follow the simple steps below to easily activate your plug on the Eufy app.
- First off, you need to download the Eufy Home app on Playstore or App store.
- Open the app and scroll leftward twice to discover the button that reads “Experience Now”.
- Tap the ‘sign up’ button to create a new account using a valid email address and a password.
- You may need to check your mail to verify the email address provided.
- On the Eufy app, tap the + button on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select your smart plug on the next screen. Afterward, tap the long button that reads “Set up a New Smart Plug”.
- Hit the ‘Next’ button on the next screen. You must ensure your plug is on and blinking rapidly at this point.
What Is Next?
You will have to connect your plug to Wi-Fi to enable it to work smartly.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to connect your phone to your Smart Plug’s Wi-Fi network. Tap the button that reads “Go to Wi-Fi Settings” to easily do this.
- On your phone’s Wi-Fi setting, find and tap the Eufy Smart Plug network. Connect to the network and return to the Eufy Home app.
- You will be prompted to connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network on the next screen. Do this and tap the next button.
- Save the name of your plug on the next screen and tap done. After this, you will have to click OK on the next pop-up notification.
By following the instructions above, you should be able to control your Eufy smart plug using your phone. Moreover, you can see the energy-usage information and you can also schedule a timer for your plug via the app.
In addition, you can also connect your Eufy smart plug with other applications like Google Home, and Alexa. With these apps, you can even use your voice to control the plug. Find detailed information below on how you can connect your Eufy smart plug to each of the applications.
How To Connect Your Eufy Smart Plug With Alexa
Note that you need to first connect your plug with the Eufy app before it can work with Alexa.
- Download and install Alexa on Playstore or App store.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the options shown, find and tap ‘Skills and Games’.
- You will find a search bar at the top corner of the next screen. Tap it and type EufyHome in the bar to find the EufyHome app.
- Thereafter, tap EufyHome and click enable to connect the app with Alexa.
- Lastly, provide your login details to give authorized access and click on the link to connect the applications.
By following these steps accordingly, you should be able to use your voice to control the switch of your plug. Mind you, you should always start your voice command with the word ‘Alexa’.
As stated earlier, you can also connect your smart plug with the Google Home app. Use the next instructions to achieve this.
How To Connect Your Eufy Plug With Google Home
Find the simple steps below. Mind you, you need to first connect your plug with the Eufy app before it can work with Google Home.
- Download and install the Google Home App. Open the app when you are done downloading it.
- Find the button that reads “Accounts” at the bottom of your screen and tap it.
- On the next screen, find and tap ‘Set up or Add” and click on ‘Set up device’.
- Then, tap the icon that reads ‘Works with Google’.
- Use the search icon to search and find EufyHome App.
- Thereafter, tap the EufyHome App and provide your login details. This is to ensure that you give Google Home authorized access to connect with your EufyHome App.
- Lastly, tap the link now button to activate Google Home.
Now that you know how to set up your Eufy plug, you should also know some troubleshooting tips for it. Find useful instructions on how you can troubleshoot your Eufy smart plug below.
Troubleshooting Your Eufy Smart Plug
| Find our next article on Esicoo Smart Plug here
Why is my smart plug not connecting to the internet?
Try the following:
- Ensure your Wi-Fi network is 2.4GHz.
- Check if your Wi-Fi signal is strong. You can reset your home network or move it a little closer to your smart plug.
- Check to see if your Wi-Fi network has not reached its maximum limit of connected devices.
- You can also reset your smart plug and reconnect it again. To do this, press and hold the switch button for about 5 seconds until the LED indicator starts blinking rapidly. Then reconnect it via your smartphone.
Why is my smart plug status showing offline?
- It might have lost connection with the router. in this regard, restart the plug and connect again.
In conclusion, Eufy smart plug allows you to control your electrical devices remotely. Nevertheless, to enjoy the plug, you need to know how to set it up effectively.