Are you confused about setting up your Teckin Smart Plug or do you need a guide on it? Read to find out how you can set up your Smart Plug on three different software.
Setting up a Teckin Smart Plug is very easy as long as you get compatible application to use. Some of the mobile application you can use with your Smart Plug are the Smartlife App, Google Home and Alexa. In this article, you will learn how to set up your Teckin Smart Plug with these applications.
How To Set Up Teckin Smart Plugs With Smartlife App
You can easily set up your Smart Plug with the Smartlife App without calling the attention of a technician. All you have to do is download the Smartlife App and follow the simple steps below.
Mind you, the Smartlife Application is capable of serving as a remote controller for your home appliances. Nonetheless, you have to connect the compatible home appliances to the application through a smartphone before it can work. Follow the steps to connect your Smart Plug to the Smartlife Application.
Steps To Follow:
Image via flickr by Dennis S Hurd
Connect the Smart Plug to a power socket
- Download the Smartlife App on either Playstore, Apple store or your preferred mobile application store and install it.
- Open the Smartlife App and add your new Smart Plug device by clicking on the + sign at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select device type to add. Note that in this case, you select the tab Electrical Outlet.
- Switch off the Smart Plug and switch it on again after 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds. Once the device is reset, the indicator light blinks rapidly.
- Once you have confirmed that you have reset the device, tap the button that reads “confirm indicator rapidly blinks”.
- Input your wi-fi password to enable the device to connect.
- Give the device some seconds to connect.
If you follow these steps accordingly, be assured that your Teckin Smart Plug is connected to your Smartlife App. As a result, you can now control the devices connected to the Smart Plug from anywhere.
| You may want check our article on Wi-Fi Routers here.
How To Set Up Teckin Smart Plugs With Google Home
You can also connect your Smart Plug to Google Home in similar ways as you connect it with Smartlife. Mind you, the Google Home app equally serves as a remote controller to various compatible devices in your home. However, it can only work with your Teckin Smart Plug provided it is already connected to the Smartlife Application.
In addition, with the Google Home app, you can simply control your Smart plug with the Google Voice Assistant. In other words, you can easily control your home appliances by giving a voice command to your smartphone.
Follow the steps below to connect the plug with Google Home.
Steps To Follow:
- Download and install the Google Home App. You can ignore this step if you already have the app installed on your phone.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen to access the option menus.
- Tap the option that reads Home Control. This allows you to search and add a Smart home device to connect.
- Use the search icon shown at the top to search and find Smartlife Application.
- Tap the Smartlife App and provide your login details. This is to ensure that you give Google Home authorized access to connect with your Smartlife App.
- Tap the link now button to activate Google Home.
If you follow these steps accordingly, you should be able to give commands to your Smart Plug using Google Assistant.
How To Connect Your Teckin Smart Plug to Alexa
Another app you can use to control your Teckin Smart Plug is the Alexa app. Alexa also allows you to give commands to your smart plug. However, it also works with the Smartlife app just like Google Home.
Follow the steps below to connect your Smart Plug with Alexa.
- Download and install Alexa on Playstore or your preferred app store. You can ignore this step if you already have the app installed on your phone.
- Tap the options button at the top left corner of your screen to bring the available options.
- From the options shown, find and tap Smart Home
- On the next screen, find the caption that reads “Your Smart Home Skills” and tap it.
- Find and tap the button that reads “Enable Smart Home Skills” on the next screen.
- You will find a search bar on the next screen. Type Smartlife app in the bar to find the Smartlife app.
- Tap Smartlife and click enable to connect the app with Alexa.
- Provide your login details to give authorized access and click on the link to connect the applications.
- Find a button that reads “Discover Devices” on the next screen and click it.
By following these steps, you will successfully connect your Smart Plug with Alexa. You can then control your Smart Plug using the Alexa Commands.
What Other Functions Can the Teckin Smart Plug Perform?
As stated earlier, Teckin Smart Plug allows you to control the switch of your devices with your smartphone. Moreover, it equally allows you to schedule an active and passive time for the devices connected to the plug. That is, you can schedule the time you want the plug to stay on and when you want it off.
Teckin Smart Plug gives you remote access to your home appliances, provided you connect them to the Plug. As long as you have activated the Plug on compatible applications, you can control the switch of your appliances remotely.