Do you have a Vivint camera and you do not know how to change the battery? Read to find out how to change the battery and how long the battery of a Vivint camera last.
You can change the battery of your Vivint camera by removing the battery from the sensor once it is located. The good thing about Vivint door and window sensor is that they use one non-rechargeable CR2032 lithium battery. As such, the battery is meant to be periodically changed.
Why Should I Change the Battery of My Vivint Camera?
You will have to change the battery in your Vivint camera once it becomes inactive, low or worn out. Vivint cameras work with replaceable batteries which are meant to keep the camera active when needed. Since the batteries can only last between four to five years, you will have to keep changing them periodically.
Steps To Follow To Change the Battery in Your Vivint Camera
Follow the steps below to change the battery in your Vivint camera.
- First off, you need to disarm the Vivint system by pressing and dragging the shield icon downward. You then need to enter your pin so as to give an authorized access. Once this done, the system will be disarmed.
- Remove the cover of the camera. To do this, you will most likely need a coin or any coin-like object. Use the coin to open the cover from the top while you support it with your fingers.
- Once you have opened the cover, turn it over to reveal the panel. You will see the battery just towards the base of the panel. Mind you, the battery itself has the shape of a coin.
- Using your coin, push the old battery out from the right side. Once it shoots out a little, remove it with your thumb and index finger.
- Insert the new battery. Mind you, the positive point (+) of the battery should be above.
- Replace the cover carefully. You should ensure that the notches align while replacing the cover. The notch of the cover is a linear dent at the sides of the case and the cover.
- The last thing to do is to open and close your door to enable the system update the sensor’ status.
- Now that you know how to change the battery, it is important to know the recommended battery for the Camera. This will enable you purchase the right battery and help ensure your camera works effectively.
You may want to check our post on Reolink Battery here.
Recommended Batteries for a Vivint Camera
Vivint door and Window Sensor use a replaceable CR2032 lithium battery which is mostly 3 Volts. Duracell, Panasonic and Energizer are amongst the notable manufacturer of such a battery. You should note that the battery is usually in a round form, just like a coin.
Can I Charge the Battery in My Vivint Camera?
No, you cannot recharge the battery in your Vivint camera once they become low. This is because the camera works with a replaceable battery which has a life span of about 3-5 years. As a result, you have to replace, not recharge, the battery once it becomes inactive.
Vivint Doorbell Camera is one of the modern security devices used in many homes and offices. As a battery-powered camera, it works with the CR2032 battery which can power up the camera for up to 5 years. Provided users understand how to effectively manage the device, Vivint camera is a reliable smart lock for a modern home.